Saturday, April 10, 2010

Easter

This was Desmond's first Easter and it was a lot of fun. We got up on Saturday morning packed up and headed down to Sanpete. We hung out with my family then B and my dad went to the priesthood session of conference. While they were gone My mom, Nicole, Desmond and I colored Easter eggs and Desmond was having fun rolling around in the plastic eggs my mom put on the floor for him to play with.
When they got back B was complaining that his spleen was really swollen and that he was not feeling good at all. So he called Jan to ask him what he thought he should do. He told him to go the the ER and so we did. We headed down to Gunnison were they took his blood and gave him a CT scan. They came back and told us that his blood count was very low at 28 and asked if he wanted a transfusion of course he wouldn't do it. Then they told him that his spleen was really big and should really get it out. We have known that he should have it out for the last three years but he just kept putting it off. Well they released him and we went back to my parents for the night. Sunday morning the Easter bunny found Desmond he got two new spring outfits a car and a cute basketball basket. Grandma and Grandpa gave him an outfit, shirts, PJ, bubbles and a pez. Well we watched conference and got dinner ready. My brother Jason and my sister in law Mandy came we ate an amazing dinner and watch conference. We then left and came home.

Monday B called and got an appointment for the surgeon to see him on Wednesday he went to work and when he got home was so tired and still had a swollen spleen. Tuesday B stayed home from work not feeling good at all so Desmond and him played and slept all day. On Wednesday we met with the surgeon and he told B that he has worked with a lot of spleens before but never any as big as his. They set up the surgery for Tuesday April 13. They had to give him three shots and of course that wouldn't go smoothly he either had a reaction to the shots of an infection his arm swelled up and was so hot and red. Now he is on medicine for that. Thanks Mike for coming over and easing my mind with looking at it. Thanks to Shelly for taking Desmond Friday and Saturday while B slept and I got my house clean I don't know what I would do without you. I can't wait for Tuesday to come and be over so B will finally feel better. Love you and I hope it all goes good.
To make things even better Desmond started cutting his two bottom teeth so I have to little baby boys to take care of.

3 comments:

Jorgensen Family said...

I'm gald you had a good easter!!!! Hope all goes well with Brain.
Love
Natalie

Reed & Melinda Family said...

ouch that doesn't sound like fun. hope he gets feeling well!

Unknown said...

We're thinking about you guys! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.