Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Brian's Surgery

Brian's surgery went very well. Thanks to everyone for the prayers and fasting before he went in. Last week was such a blur. Sunday Brian and I were able to go to B's sisters for our nephew's birthday which was so much fun. B had asked his brother Ty and brother in law Maurico to give him a blessing. It was such a wonderful blessing I cried the whole time and could not believe how much I could feel the spirit. Then on Monday my amazing sister in law Jessica made us dinner and her and Ty and Whitney came over to eat. I was GREAT thanks again. Then the fast began. B and I went to bed that night but I think between the two of us we slept about 4 hours. We got up on Tuesday at 4:30 am and got ready to leave. Thank you Shelly for taking Desmond until my mother in law made it up here. We got to the hospital and they informed us that he would go in at 8:30 am. I can't tell you all of the things that was going through my mind. The Dr had told us that it would take 2 1/2 to 3 hours for the surgery so I settled myself in for the wait. My heart dropped when the Dr came in after an hour and half. I thought what happened is he ok. The Dr informed me that everything went GREAT and that he was in the recovery room and that his spleen weight about 5 or 6lbs. I waited for an hour and then they told me the room he would be in . So I headed up to the room. I waited there for another 20 min for him to arrive. When he finally came he was feeling pretty good. When I knew that he was good I went home to get Desmond packed for his week in Sanpete and to let Betty go see B. My parents came later that day and we got Desmond's stuff ready for them to take down. It was so sad to have him leave we missed him so much. He got to spend Tuesday night and Wednesday morning with Grandma J and then went to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa Fredrickson.

Brian and I spend Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday morning at the hospital with B hooked up to is epidural, Iv and everything else they had on him. I stayed home from work to help him out I don't think we realized how major this surgery was and I am so glad that my boss and co workers are so amazing to understand me being gone. Thanks to everyone that came to see him and the phone calls.

I want to thank our amazing ward we have been getting dinner brought to us every night since Wednesday the food has been so great and it has been such a stress reliever for me not having to worry about it. Shelly I want to tell you THANK YOU so much I don't know what I would do without you. You are the greatest friend ever!

2 comments:

JJ&K said...

So glad everything went well! It's so nice that your parents and Brian's mom could help you two out! I hope everything is still going well! LOVE YA!

Unknown said...

Tiff! I had no idea Brian had surgery! I am glad he is doing well. We need to get together for dinner ASAP!