Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bryce Marathon


For the past 2 1/2 months Brian and I have been training for a 1/2 marathon down in Bryce Canyon. The marathon was on July 17. Our amazing friend Laura helped us with a schedule to get prepared for it. We have been running every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday's. My little sister Heather decided she was going to do it with us she didn't really train so we didn't know if she was going to make it. On July 3 our schedule was to run 13 miles to see if we could do it. Brian, Heather and I drove to Ftn Green left our car and ran from there back to Moroni around the Middle school and back to my parent running 12.3 miles which was pretty good so we felt we were going to be ok. Brain and I took off work Friday the 16 so that we could get down there early and relax. We left on Thursday night and stayed at my parents so that they could watch Desmond. We left Friday at 12:00 pm and got to Marysville and got stuck in construction for 25 min it was horrible.

We finally made it to Bryce at about 4:00 pm. We checked into our hotel and settled in. We had to drive the race to check in we couldn't believe how much down hill we were going to have to run and we felt good see what the run was going to be. We got all checked in for the race and went to dinner with Heather, Cameron and Colton then went back and got ready for bed.

Before
We had to be to the starting line by 6:00 am when we got up to the starting line we couldn't believe how many people there was. The race began and we felt great we were running 9 min miles and we felt like we were making great time. By mile 8 we started to slow down. Heather was running with us the whole time and then she said she was going to walk for a while so we went a head with out her. By mile 10 I was ready to quit but Brian was not going to let that happen she stayed with me the whole time pushing me and helping me get through it. We made it to the finish line at 2 hours and 19 min we felt really good about it. Brian could have made it a lot faster but he wouldn't leave me your the best babe I am so glad we did this it was such a great experience.

After
We are planning on running another one on Aug 28 in Logan and we hope to improve our time. We got ready and left back to Sanpete that night we knew what we had done I have never been that sore ever. Sunday neither one of us could move I think by Wednesday we finally didn't walk like we had been riding a horse all day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY! I'm so proud of you guys! You totally rocked it. It was fun to share this experience with you guys. Hopefully we'll be doing many more halves together. Good luck in Logan, you'll do great no doubt.

Jorgensen Family said...

Sounds like fun. you guys did awesome. it was fun to see you.
I love looking at your blog.

Love Natalie